Nothing ‘fowl’ about this offer
Rio Grande moves to tobacco-free campuses
Rescued Gallia dogs moved to shelters
Middleport celebrates $3.2M investment in Imperial Electric
Tribute to the River returns
- UPDATE: 32 FT jobs eliminated at Gallipolis Developmental Center - 12:35 pm updated: 2:04 pm.
- City man sentenced to 2 years for evidence tampering - 6:33 pm
- Bevens announces run for state school board - 4:53 pm
- Ohio U. professor wins cardiovascular research award - 1:43 pm
- DeWine warns of storm-chaser scams - 1:25 pm
- Drugs, weapon seized in Langsville - 9:11 pm
- Police investigate possible meth site in park - 9:00 pm
- Democrats open Gallia headquarters - 8:57 pm
- State releases funds to help mentally ill - 5:16 pm
- Ohio U. receives $2M ‘POWER’ grant - 5:16 pm
- Dogs of the Week - 5:15 pm
- New psychologist joins Valley Health - 3:29 pm
- Ohlinger earns PVH Employee of the Month - 3:29 pm
- Emancipation donation - 3:28 pm
- Gallia man charged in Lawrence bank robberies - 3:26 pm
- Crime watch meets candidate, new K-9 unit - 5:01 pm
- Law enforcement candidates address Gallia - 4:58 pm
- Child dies in fire outside Point Pleasant - 4:14 pm
- Marshall rolls out active shooter training - 3:07 pm
- Owens announces run for state school board - 1:58 pm
- Gallia candidates talk politics - 10:23 pm updated: 10:23 pm.
- Child dies in fire outside Point Pleasant - 8:06 pm
- Area veterans discuss issues with congressmen - 5:37 pm
- Stewart sentenced to 9 months in prison - 5:33 pm
- Workers break ground on waterfront project - 5:30 pm
- OSHP to hold OVI checkpoint - 5:28 pm
- New scholarship endowed at Marshall - 1:50 am
- Hurt to return to Ohio - 6:42 pm
- Naked Gallia woman attempts to escape deputy custody - 4:14 pm updated: 4:18 pm.
- Town hall meeting for Ohio, W.Va. veterans - 3:51 pm updated: 5:07 pm.
- DeWine offers charitable giving tips following Louisiana flooding - 2:47 pm
- Rio to replace road signs with Welsh dragon signs - 7:48 pm
- Inaugural Mothman GeoTrail event - 7:35 pm
- Emancipation Celebration donation - 3:02 pm
- Ohio alumna leads Manasseh Cutler Scholars program - 2:56 pm
- Delores N. Simmons - 2:42 pm
- Point cleaning flood wall murals - 11:44 am
- DJ, storyteller will entertain at back-to-school events - 7:43 pm
- Barber, commissioner celebrates 50 years of business - 7:36 pm
- DeWine warns Ohioans of scams targeting students - 5:16 pm
- Schoonover Center receives LEED Gold certification - 4:14 pm updated: 4:14 pm.
- ‘House of Cards’ actress assists animal rescue - 9:31 pm updated: 12:06 am.
- Waterfront project to get under way - 7:49 pm
- Crash kills Pomeroy man - 6:35 pm updated: 6:35 pm.
- Two assaulted in knife attack - 5:06 pm
- URG professor’s book to be published - 4:58 pm
- Kevin E. Gillman - 2:40 pm
- Actress Kate Mara visits rescued Gallia animals - 4:40 am updated: 4:51 am.
- Johnson earns ‘Hero of Main Street’ award - 12:01 am
- K-9 Korps outfits city police dog unit with vest - 11:56 pm
Ohio U. receives $2M ‘POWER’ grant
ATHENS — Ohio University has received a $2 million grant from the Appalachian Regional Commission’s Partnerships for Opportunities and Wor...
Dogs of the Week
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County K-9 Shelter is always on the lookout to provide adoption opportunities for stray and unwanted dogs. For more info...
New psychologist joins Valley Health
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. – Dr. Dorothy Boston recently joined Valley Health’s team of providers in Point Pleasant and Gallipolis Ferry.Dr. Bo...
Ohlinger earns PVH Employee of the Month
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Penny Ohlinger has been named Pleasant Valley Hospital’s Customer Service Employee of the Month for July.Ohlinger ...
Jim’s Farm Equipment recently made a $500 donation to the 2016 Emancipation Celebration event. Pictured, from left, is Emancipation Committee me...
Gallia man charged in Lawrence bank robberies
IRONTON — Police say a Gallipolis, Ohio, man told detectives he committed two Lawrence County bank robberies to support a drug habit, said Sheri...
BIDWELL, Ohio — This time, the Lady Raiders were on the right end of a four-set affair against a TVC-Hocking squad.That’s because the Rive...
Rebels’ golf tops Trimble, loses to Wildcats
BEVERLY, Ohio — The young South Gallia High School golf team posted its first victory of the season on Thursday, as it competed in another Tri-V...
Poca downs Black Knights, 2-1
POINT PLEASANT, W. Va. — Chip Wood wasn’t exactly what you could call a happy camper.That’s because his Point Pleasant High School b...
Eagles edge Southern to win tri-match
RAVENSWOOD, W.Va. — The first major chip has fallen in the Tri-Valley Conference Hocking Division golf race.The Eastern golf team won key TVC Ho...
Blue Angels open the season with a win
CENTENARY, Ohio — What a way to start.The Gallia Academy volleyball team — which won it’s first 18 games of 2015 — earned its ...
Elks award $1,000 scholarships
GALLIPOLIS — The Past Exalted Ruler’s Association of Gallipolis Elks Lodge 107 has selected the following high school graduates for a $1,0...
Myers families gather for reunion
PATRIOT — Family and friends gathered for fellowship, wonderful food, and great music on Aug. 14 to celebrate the 98th annual Myers family reuni...
Potter attends conference
The Ohio School Boards Association convenes the Legislative Platform Committee each summer in Columbus to develop a legislative platform to submit for...
Ohio State Fair honor
Olivia Harrison, a member of the Early Birds 4-H Club, recently competed at the Ohio State Fair during Family Life Day. She received an “Outstan...
Emancipation scholarship awards
The 2016 Emancipation Scholarship recipients are Bryson Payne, Jessica Dotson, Justyce Stout and Grace Rogers. Each received a 1,000 scholarship. Pict...
AEP donates to Emancipation Celebration
AEP recently made a $3,000 donation to this year’s Gallia County Emancipation Celebration. Pictured, from left, are Emancipation vice president ...
‘Preaching Jesus’: A simple, meaningful act
In the eighth chapter of the book of Acts, we read the first recorded account of the conversion of an individual to Christianity. The individual in qu...
Golf is not up to par for everyone
Admittedly, I am not the target audience for either live or televised professional golf. I am not a golfer, nor do I have any affinity for the game.Bu...
Every life a mix of good, bad
The only thing we know about people — both people we know from a distance as well as our closest friends — is what we know about them. Wha...
As a whole, Olympics were a success
With all the clamor about how unfit and unready Rio de Janeiro’s was in its role as host of the Olympic Games, many folks read or watched the ne...
Hobo habits that keep me grounded
Editor’s Note: Listen to the podcast of this column.Hobo’s have always fascinated me — ever since I pranced out the door one trick-o...
Men on the march for same cause
Both men were on grueling military marches. John marched 130 miles due north to Gettysburg with the 140th Pennsylvania Volunteers. Leigh marched 250 m...