Local veterans remember Pearl Harbor
GPD salutes passed K9 officer
Remembering Pearl Harbor 75 years later
Racing to ‘Keep Your Fork’
Meigs’ officials take the oath
- Prosecutor’s office funds new cruiser, K9 unit - 10:04 pm
- Wellington guilty of inducing panic - 9:34 pm
- Farm museum Christmas lights on through Dec. 18 - 6:38 pm
- ‘Dear Hero’ collects over 1,000 cards - 6:26 pm
- John Glenn, the 1st American to orbit Earth, dies at 95 - 4:49 pm
- City taking on dilapidated properties issue - 9:57 pm
- Remembering ‘the 46’ some 49 years later - 9:23 pm
- Award winning musician to play Gallery at 409 gala - 9:27 pm
- Local school ‘steps it up’ - 8:22 pm
- Gallia County Community Calendar - 8:19 pm
- Schools going digital - 9:33 pm
- Tuba Christmas to play Ariel this Saturday - 9:25 pm
- French Art Colony to host 21st Annual Holiday Home Tour - 5:55 pm
- U.S. Senator Brown talks Gallia jobs - 8:10 pm
- The ‘splash pad’ discussion continues - 7:24 pm
- Christmas season comes to Gallipolis - 2:58 pm
- Morgan pleads guilty to 98 animal abuse charges - 9:46 pm updated: 6:20 pm.
- URG to host Southern Ohio Science Day - 7:35 pm
- One killed in two vehicle crash near Pomeroy - 9:18 pm
- Christmas arrives in Gallia County - 8:14 pm
- Rob McNurlin and his Beatnik Cowboys to perform - 8:00 pm
- Completion of US 35 continues - 7:35 pm
- Operation Dear Hero returns at Christmas - 7:22 pm
- Christmas on Screen brought to life at Talent Revue - 6:03 pm
- Emergency HEAP program underway - 11:15 am
Gallia County Community Calendar
Editor’s Note: The Gallipolis Daily Tribune appreciates your input to the community calendar. To make sure items can receive proper attention, a...
Schools going digital
GALLIA COUNTY — Gallia County Local Schools are integrating Chromebooks into their educational plans for the present and future in order to comp...
Tuba Christmas to play Ariel this Saturday
GALLIPOLIS — Hear the warm, rich organ-like sounds of the tuba-euphonium choir when musicians from all over the region gather Saturday at the hi...
French Art Colony to host 21st Annual Holiday Home Tour
GALLIPOLIS — The French Art Colony, multi-arts cultural center in Gallipolis, will host its 21st annual Holiday Home Tour on Friday evening, Dec...
U.S. Senator Brown talks Gallia jobs
GALLIPOLIS — U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D) took part in a job training roundtable discussion with Digital Works participants and University of ...
The ‘splash pad’ discussion continues
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis Historical Preservation Board recently met in the Gallipolis Municipal Building with Downtown Revitalization Project...
Defenders down Warriors in home opener
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — On Monday night, Elijah McDonald dropped in a school record 13 three-pointers.On Thursday night, the senior sharpshooter dril...
Rock Hill rolls past Blue Angels, 63-35
CENTENARY, Ohio — It’s always nice to get off to a fast start, but you have to have something to follow it up with.The Gallia Academy girl...
Lady Eagles soar past Miller, 56-36
HEMLOCK, Ohio — After a neutral court win and two wins at ‘The Nest’, the Eastern girls basketball team was faced with its first tru...
Point lands 7 on Class AA team
PARKERSBURG, W.Va. — Another solid postseason showing for the Big Blacks.Point Pleasant landed seven representatives on the 2016 Class AA All-St...
Flyers soar past Lady ‘Cats
ASHTON, W. Va. — Unfortunately for host Hannan, it’s slow start set the tone.That’s because the Lady Wildcats trailed 12-4 following...
Shabby to Chic Hair Boutique opens in Point
Shabby to Chic Hair Boutique celebrated its grand opening at 508 Main Street in Point Pleasant this week. To mark the occassion, a special ribbon cutt...
Piggly Wiggly food drive benefits local pantries
Local Eastman’s Piggly Wiggly Supermarkets are having a food drive, giving area consumers an opportunity to help those in need during the holida...
Cadot-Blessing Camp #126 elects officers
The local Cadot-Blessing Camp #126 of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War recently elected and installed officers for the 2017 year of camp ac...
Community Connectors grant awarded
A grant from the Ohio Department of Education will be put to use helping youth in Gallia and Meigs counties learn skills that will, hopefully, prepare...
Local physician assistant published
Jonathan Casto, PA-C was recently published in a national medical journal, “The Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants.” ...
Search the scriptures
Somewhere around 1930, L.O. Sanderson, who was then a minister in the church of Christ at Springfield, Missouri, asked his friend, Thomas O. Chisholm,...
In January, a new president and Congress will have no choice other than to revisit the harsh political terrain of health care policy.Washington today,...
The conclusion of the ‘coonhound story’
The story I submitted last week about finding the coonhound trapped in the hollow log and dying was one I initially wrote in 1999. The incident actual...
God’s Kids Korner
God sent a man named John to tell the people that a very special person was coming to help those who needed help. The person coming was Jesus, GodR...
Search the scriptures
They tell us that every snowflake is different.How exactly one might go about proving this is hard to say, since proving such a negative is humanly im...
A Hunger for More
Christmas is doubtlessly a busy season for most of us. It can be overwhelmingly full of the chores of shopping for gifts, cooking for family get-toget...