Local, living history: 98-year old woman keeps store, and history alive, in West Columbia, W.Va.
Trump takes charge as 45th US president
A part of presidential history
From ‘preemie’ to teenager
New equipment keeps ducks swimming in colder months
- Gallia Historical Society to move - 8:52 pm
- Atwood named Trooper of the Year - 7:55 pm
- Local tourism expo planned for March, rescheduled for 2018 - 7:16 pm
- Preparing to ‘prom’ - 9:14 pm
- GPD asks public for tips on recent crimes - 8:48 pm
- City proposes return of one percent income tax issue - 9:51 pm
- Work of local artist finding homes in other states - 6:48 pm updated: 6:49 pm.
- COHHIO grant to fight youth homelessness in southeastern Ohio - 6:26 pm
- Mason County women charged with procuring - 11:04 am
- Gallipolis man arrested on meth charge - 11:13 pm updated: 11:16 pm.
- Man arrested for alleged meth manufacture - 9:41 pm
- 3 men arrested for fugitive warrants - 9:26 pm
- Ohio EMA now accepting safe room applications - 6:41 pm
- Search warrant results in three arrests - 3:15 am updated: 11:07 am.
- At MLK celebration, Oliver urges unity - 10:25 pm
- Man’s body found in Kanawha River - 8:45 pm
- Chicken coops to promote sustainable living in Rio - 7:36 pm
- ‘Classical Conversations’ honors officers - 6:21 pm
- Don Nichols - 5:22 pm
- Trustees unknowingly paid former trustee’s wife phone bill - 3:24 pm
- Four taken into custody after drug bust - 1:02 pm
- Chasing a dream from Gallipolis to Berlin - 11:23 pm
- The learning curve - 9:01 pm
- Sheriff and commissioners discuss new HR software - 8:26 pm
- Mulford swears-in as municipal judge - 8:07 pm updated: 10:06 pm.
Man arrested for alleged meth manufacture
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Sheriff’s Office arrested one male Tuesday evening for the alleged manufacture of methamphetamine after dep...
3 men arrested for fugitive warrants
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Three men were arrested Saturday as part of a joint venture between the Mason County Sheriff’s Department, Gallia-Meigs...
Ohio EMA now accepting safe room applications
COLUMBUS — The Ohio Safe Room Rebate Program is once again accepting applications. The program provides a rebate for the purchase and constructi...
Search warrant results in three arrests
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant at 1096 Ohio 141 near the intersection of Sanders Drive in Galli...
At MLK celebration, Oliver urges unity
GALLIPOLIS — Al “Scoop” Oliver stressed the importance of unity during a tribute the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., at Paint Creek Reg...
Point falls to Lady Panthers, 55-21
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Tough start. Tough finish.The Point Pleasant girls basketball team dropped its 12th straight decision Friday night durin...
Wahama 2nd at Winfield quad
MASON, W.Va. — The Wahama wrestling team finished behind only host Winfield during a quad match with the Generals, Buffalo and Chesapeake on Tue...
Golden Eagles roll Lady Rebels
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — Unfortunately for the Lady Rebels, the number five was the order of the night.Hindered by scoring in single digits, includin...
Hannan rolls past Eagles, 100-52
ASHTON, W.Va. — A night to remember.The Hannan boys basketball team had four players reach double digits and all 10 roster members reached the s...
Panthers sweep Blue Angels
CHESAPEAKE, Ohio — Gallia Academy didn’t get out of the starting gate.As a result, the visiting Blue Angels played from behind throughout ...
Kyger Creek Plant employees recognized
The Ohio Valley Electric Corporation, Kyger Creek Plant, celebrated the service and award anniversaries of employees during the fourth quarter service...
Diabetes education program comes to Gallia
GALLIA COUNTY — Are you living with diabetes or pre-diabetes? The Area Agency on Aging District 7 (AAA7), along with the Ohio Department of Agin...
BHCC Skills USA members attend fall leadership conference
COLUMBUS — Last fall, 21 students from the Buckeye Hills Career Center (BHCC) SkillsUSA Chapter joined other SkillsUSA students and advisors fro...
Dunlap and Farley make dean’s list at Marietta
MARIETTA — Marietta College’s Terry Farley, of Gallipolis, and Molly Dunlap, of Tupper Plains, have been named to the fall 2016 dean’...
Gino’s giveaway rewards customers with bikes
MASON — Last December, all across West Virginia, customers of Gino’s Pizza & Spaghetti House won bicycles as part of the restaurant ch...
I say prayers for you
Like you, I observe people when I am out-and-about. But, more than ever before, I more often than not say a prayer for many people who get my attentio...
Fishing for people
Do you like to fish? I used to fish some when I was younger, but I never liked to put the worm on the hook, I wouldn’t take the fish off the hoo...
Old enough to not care
I’m old enough to know how to get out of rain. I’m old enough to not get carded when I buy my favorite cabernet. You’d think I’...
Small victories add up
Welcome to 2017, fellow 2016 survivors!For me, January 1st feels more like a reset button than a date on the calendar. A time to wipe the slate clean,...
Medicare prescription drug plan discount – are you eligible?
Do you know if you are eligible for the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Discount? There are many individuals in our district who are unaware they are ...
Be useful, like a ham
One of the things I strive to be in life, is useful, like a ham. Let me explain.Maybe you have, or had, one of those “common sense” people...