Amphitheater work continues
Congressman honors URG professor
Meigs Chamber honors local businesses, individuals
Brewery gives visitors Craft Beer Experience
‘Try-athlete’ competes to support students
- Halloween candy hunts coming soon - 6:18 pm
- Kyger named American Dental Association trustee - 6:14 pm
- Bob Evans honors veterans - 9:39 pm
- News from around the Buckeye State - 6:05 pm
- Morgan sentenced to four years in prison - 5:51 pm
- AFSCME endorses Gallia candidates - 5:28 pm
- Overturned vehicle results in fatality - 12:12 pm updated: 12:49 pm.
- From River Valley to the Sacred Valley - 11:28 pm
- Gallipolis leaf pickup times - 1:17 pm
- Gallia Sheriff receives award for CIT efforts - 1:17 pm
- Meigs Chamber honors local businesses, individuals - 11:10 am
- Junior women’s club hosts VFW benefit - 11:00 am
- Emergency HEAP begins Nov. 1 - 9:48 am
- Police thwart attempted burglary - 7:45 pm
- Gallipolis in Lights - 6:33 pm
- Taylor sentenced to 11 months for office assault - 6:03 pm updated: 7:47 pm.
- City discusses police levy - 7:10 pm
- Jones sentenced to 4 years in prison - 5:44 pm
- Holzer recognizes pediatric fund sponsors - 3:17 pm updated: 3:19 pm.
- Ohio ReUse competition registration underway - 1:16 pm
- Talking conservation - 7:05 pm
- Candidates hone final arguments for Round 3 - 5:27 pm
- Forest service plans prescribed burns - 4:53 pm
- Ariel to host “Oboes on the Ohio” - 4:50 pm updated: 4:54 pm.
- View Story - 6:23 pm
- ‘The farm’ and fireworks bring thousands to Rio - 5:53 pm
- Brewery gives visitors Craft Beer Experience - 5:37 pm
- URG sorority honors Neal with 5k race - 5:31 pm
- Presidential election news highlights - 4:52 pm
- Bob Evans Farm Fest focuses on family - 1:15 pm updated: 1:18 pm.
- Cheshire man pleads innocent to aggravated robbery - 11:34 am
- Educational center receives program recognition - 3:36 pm
- Columbus man guilty of drug trafficking - 12:56 pm
- Deputies investigate potential meth lab - 8:24 pm
- Gallipolis to celebrate 226 years since founding - 8:21 pm
- Six alumni headed to GAHS sports hall - 6:42 pm
- Gallia deputies arrest alleged rapist - 6:10 pm
- Railroad museum efforts steam forward - 8:31 pm
- City investing in activities at Krodel - 6:47 pm updated: 6:52 pm.
- Columbus man sentenced to 4 years in prison - 6:39 pm
- W.Va. business relocating to Meigs County - 5:49 pm
- AARP offers ‘Safe Driving’ class - 4:14 pm
- Victims’ defense program proves self for second year funding - 8:48 pm
- Rockets over Rio launches 10th show - 5:43 pm
- GIB returns as small-town champs - 5:08 pm
- Judicial candidate touts experience to Crime Watch - 5:04 pm
- Late Dorothy Casey ensured preservation of African American history in Gallia County - 3:07 pm updated: 3:29 pm.
- WVDOH gives update on U.S. 35 progress - 3:14 pm
- Farm Fest returns to Rio Grande - 6:09 pm
- Woman earns 12 months for heroin, nude escape - 4:45 pm
Gallia Sheriff receives award for CIT efforts
GALLIPOLIS — Gallia County Sheriff Joe Browning recently received the Ohio Governor’s Council on People with Disabilities’ Law Enfor...
Junior women’s club hosts VFW benefit
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis Junior Women’s Club held a night of music, fellowship and post-traumatic stress disorder awareness at the Colo...
Emergency HEAP begins Nov. 1
OHIO VALLEY — As the weather turns colder, Gallia-Meigs Community Action Agency is looking to assist customers, with their heating.GMCAA’s...
Police thwart attempted burglary
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis police reportedly prevented an attempted burglary involving a city man on the 1200 block of Second Avenue Monday evening...
Gallipolis in Lights
GALLIPOLIS — Local volunteers gathered at the Colony Club on Second Avenue Wednesday night to string light balls together as Gallipolis in Light...
Stats needed for AP district football meeting
2016 football statistics neededGALLIPOLIS, Ohio — All Ohio varsity football coaches in Gallia and Meigs counties are asked to submit regular sea...
4 girls land on district golf teams
A total of four student-athletes from the Ohio Valley Publishing area were selected to the 2016 all-district girls golf teams, as chosen by the coache...
Blue Devils, Blue Angels advance to CC regional
RIO GRANDE, Ohio — Simply put, they may have had their tickets punched last, but the Gallia Academy High School cross country clubs still got th...
Defenders sweep East Richland
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Just one more to go for the Ohio Valley Christian School volleyball team.That’s because the Defenders, competing in the...
Miller marches past White Falcons, 40-0
HEMLOCK, Ohio — There’s a first time for everything.The Miller football team earned its first-ever victory over Tri-Valley Conference Hock...
Rowe recognized as October Resident of the Month
HUNTINGTON, W.Va.— Melissa A. Rowe, M.D., has been selected as the October 2016 Resident of the Month, announced Paulette S. Wehner, M.D., vice ...
DeWine, Morrisey to attend substance abuse conference
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine, Kentucky Attorney General Andy Beshear a...
Drummonds enjoy family reunion
The Drummond family reunion took place at First Church of God’s shelter house. Prayer was given before the meal.This year, there were two new bi...
Turner recognized for service
Becky Turner, pictured at right, has been named the service personnel employee of the year for Mason County Schools. Turner is the school secretary at...
Holzer nurses receive scholarships
GALLIPOLIS — Three scholarships representing memorial nursing scholarship funds were recently awarded to members of the Holzer nursing staff to ...
Don’t be scared of using secure services
Autumn is the season of dressing up as monsters and watching scary movies in the dark. Even though most of these tricks and treats are just for fun, s...
Letter to editor
Dear Editor:Hillary wrote a thesis about Saul Alinsky while at Wellesley College. She was and still is an admirer of Alinsky. In 1993, The White House...
Letter to editor
Dear Editor,As a retired school psychologist, I continue to see Southeastern Ohio teachers spend hundreds of dollars every year on supplies and food f...
A Holistic Approach to Spiritual Health
Holistic medicine is all the rage in certain circles: the theory that you need to treat the whole of a person, and not just the individual parts. Ther...
Cruciform should be the norm
A term significant for the Christian church is “cruciform.” It is an adjective meaning “cross-shaped.” Although not a Bible wo...
A Hunger for More
Forgiveness may be at once both the most necessary of responses to the grace that God has bestowed upon us and the most misunderstood (and, consequent...