Managed care tax loss main focus of meeting
Local and state officials discuss impact of proposed state budget, potential changes
Marsy’s Law for Ohio
Working on getting a railroad
Hurt pleads guilty in dismemberment case
- PVH installs lowest radiation dose CT scanners in the region - 7:07 pm
- Gallia unveils video to attract business site seekers - 12:43 am
- Southeast Ohio jobs posted online drop between December and January - 12:39 am
- Field of Hope hosts Johnson - 9:53 pm
- Bossard makes software upgrades - 9:42 pm
- Jones pleads guilty to trafficking drugs - 7:36 pm
- City officials pass first reading of 2017 budget - 11:06 pm
- OEPA to use Gallipolis water mapping suggestions - 9:37 pm
- Ohio man pleads to federal drug charge - 8:40 pm
- Nellis selected as next OU president - 6:07 pm
- Splash pad voted down; questions arise regarding Gallipolis’ future - 10:58 pm updated: 3:42 pm.
- Emancipation Celebration Day Committee opens scholarship - 10:37 pm
- Managed care tax loss main focus of meeting - 8:58 pm
- Public invited to comment on Ohio’s 2017-18 hunting season proposals - 5:55 pm
- Traffic stop results in arrest of one for suspected burglary - 10:21 pm
- WW I Centennial group promotes Black History Month - 10:14 pm
- Sergent named finalist for ‘Best Columnist’ in AP Contest - 10:13 pm
- Local and state officials discuss impact of proposed state budget, potential changes - 9:32 pm
- New Haven Council talks building permits - 8:57 pm
- Two arrested in search warrant on Ohio 141 - 11:52 am updated: 10:22 pm.
- Easter Parade includes Biblical entries from area churches - 1:14 am
- Marsy’s Law for Ohio - 1:05 am
- No primary for Gallia, special elections a possibility - 12:50 am
- Gone but not forgotten - 11:10 pm updated: 12:38 am.
- Racine teen reported missing - 2:47 pm
Nellis selected as next OU president
ATHENS — The Ohio University Board of Trustees, in a unanimous vote, formally elected Dr. M. Duane Nellis as the 21st president of Ohio Universi...
Emancipation Celebration Day Committee opens scholarship
GALLIPOLIS — The Emancipation Proclamation Committee, the nonprofit organization responsible for organizing the Emancipation Celebration annuall...
Managed care tax loss main focus of meeting
POMEROY — “Please don’t leave us behind down here.”That was part of the message conveyed by local resident Brian Condee to sta...
Public invited to comment on Ohio’s 2017-18 hunting season proposals
OHIO VALLEY — Ohioans are invited to offer public comment regarding the proposed and future hunting, trapping and fishing regulations at open ho...
Traffic stop results in arrest of one for suspected burglary
GALLIPOLIS — On Friday at approximately 1:50 p.m., the Gallia County Sheriff’s Office arrested a man after responding to a burglary report...
Repeat?: Safford, Smith return to state finals
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Independence appears to have already won the war, but that doesn’t mean that Point Pleasant can’t win a few batt...
Point Pleasant sweeps White Falcons, 81-61
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — The Big Blacks snapped their skid, and just in the nick of time.The Point Pleasant boys basketball team ended its seven-...
Tigers oust Blue Devils in sectional
RICHMOND DALE, Ohio —Simply put, it wasn’t a good game to cap off what wasn’t a good week for the Gallia Academy Blue Devils.With il...
Point, Wahama compete at state
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Wahama’s season has come to an end, while Point Pleasant is still going strong through the opening two sessions of the...
Stearns signs with Potomac State baseball
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — Many chase a dream. Few make it a reality.Point Pleasant senior Abe Stearns fulfilled a lifelong fantasy of playing coll...
Lady Eagles advance to district final
JACKSON, Ohio — The Lady Eagles certainly had plenty to celebrate on Thursday night.The second-seeded Eastern girls basketball team secured its ...
Fahmy recognized through ‘Super Doc Program’
Holzer has initiated a program to recognize outstanding physicians within our health system. Patient feedback is gathered at each location regarding t...
Canady and Robbins join OVBC and OVB Boards
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Jeffrey E. Smith, chairman of the board, announced the election of Kimberly A. Canady and Edward J. Robbins to the Boards of ...
Attorney General reaches settlement in funeral home lawsuit
CHARLESTON — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey announced a funeral home and its owners will be forced to discontinue a significant...
RCBI teams with W.Va. Guard to expand economic opportunity
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. - The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI) has joined forces with the West Virginia Army National Guard on a new initiative to expand adv...
Gallipolis Rotary Club news
Rotary District 6690 Foundation Fund Raising Chair Gary Vaughn was invited to Gallipolis to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Rotary Foundation.V...
Transfiguration SundayMatthew 17:1-8
This Sunday is a special Sunday with a big word for the title: Transfiguration Sunday. Transfiguration means a complete change in form or appearance i...
There is no fear in love
I was recently working on a series of devotions and happened to be reading from 1 John 4:18, “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts o...
Bruce Lee Deal
EVANS, W.Va. — Bruce Lee Deal, 38, of Evans, W.Va., died Thursday, February 16, 2017.Service will be Friday, February 24, 2017 at 11 a.m. at the...
Fly your kite whatever age
Creating a simple life can be complicated. “Enjoy the simple pleasures,” is a common phrase encouraging us to cut out the excess, yet know...
Don’t throw out the baby…you know
It’s that time of the year again when the news is full of stories on local and state budgets for the new year, how they must be balanced before ...
Good vibes only, please
When it comes to positive energy, are you a giver or a taker?Everywhere we go, our energy either adds to, or detracts from, those around us. I’m...