Managed care tax loss main focus of meeting
Local and state officials discuss impact of proposed state budget, potential changes
Marsy’s Law for Ohio
Working on getting a railroad
Hurt pleads guilty in dismemberment case
- Commissioners reach out to legislators on proposed budget - 10:25 pm updated: 10:33 pm.
- Retiring after record Angus sale - 9:13 pm
- PVH installs lowest radiation dose CT scanners in the region - 7:07 pm
- Gallia unveils video to attract business site seekers - 12:43 am
- Southeast Ohio jobs posted online drop between December and January - 12:39 am
- Field of Hope hosts Johnson - 9:53 pm
- Bossard makes software upgrades - 9:42 pm
- Jones pleads guilty to trafficking drugs - 7:36 pm
- City officials pass first reading of 2017 budget - 11:06 pm
- OEPA to use Gallipolis water mapping suggestions - 9:37 pm
- Ohio man pleads to federal drug charge - 8:40 pm
- Nellis selected as next OU president - 6:07 pm
- Splash pad voted down; questions arise regarding Gallipolis’ future - 10:58 pm updated: 3:42 pm.
- Emancipation Celebration Day Committee opens scholarship - 10:37 pm
- Managed care tax loss main focus of meeting - 8:58 pm
- Public invited to comment on Ohio’s 2017-18 hunting season proposals - 5:55 pm
- Traffic stop results in arrest of one for suspected burglary - 10:21 pm
- WW I Centennial group promotes Black History Month - 10:14 pm
- Sergent named finalist for ‘Best Columnist’ in AP Contest - 10:13 pm
- Local and state officials discuss impact of proposed state budget, potential changes - 9:32 pm
- New Haven Council talks building permits - 8:57 pm
- Two arrested in search warrant on Ohio 141 - 11:52 am updated: 10:22 pm.
- Easter Parade includes Biblical entries from area churches - 1:14 am
- Marsy’s Law for Ohio - 1:05 am
- No primary for Gallia, special elections a possibility - 12:50 am
OEPA to use Gallipolis water mapping suggestions
GALLIPOLIS — With the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency’s effort to avoid problems that occur in places like Flint, Mich., the agency i...
Ohio man pleads to federal drug charge
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Two men pleaded guilty this week to federal drug crimes, including one accused of conspiring to distribute heroin in Mason C...
Splash pad voted down; questions arise regarding Gallipolis’ future
GALLIPOLIS — The result of Gallipolis City Commission’s Tuesday meeting was far from “business as usual” as concerns about the...
Emancipation Celebration Day Committee opens scholarship
GALLIPOLIS — The Emancipation Proclamation Committee, the nonprofit organization responsible for organizing the Emancipation Celebration annuall...
Managed care tax loss main focus of meeting
POMEROY — “Please don’t leave us behind down here.”That was part of the message conveyed by local resident Brian Condee to sta...
Point ties for 4th at state
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — Another bitter end to an otherwise solid weekend.For the third time in four years, the Point Pleasant wrestling program came...
2017 Class AA-A Mason County Results
POINT PLEASANT106 Justin Cornell (39- 9)Defeated Tanner Staggs, Keyser (AA) by Fall :49Lost to Ashby West, Oak Hill (AA) by Dec 6-2Defeated Timmy Will...
Hannan falls at St. Joe in sectional
HUNTINGTON, W. Va. — Huntington —Saint Joseph Central that is — hung a hundred on Hannan.Host Huntington St. Joseph jumped out by sc...
Falcons knock out Meigs in sectional
LOGAN, Ohio — For the second consecutive year, the Meigs Marauders made the favored Fairfield Union Falcons work.Unfortunately for the Marauders...
Oaks survive River Valley, 39-33 for sectional title
JACKSON, Ohio — For the Raiders, 32 minutes were just two too many.The no. 10 seed River Valley boys basketball team held a three-point lead ove...
Safford, Smith fall in AA finals
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — A good beginning, followed by a tough ending.Point Pleasant finished Saturday with a .500 record in four matches, but the tw...
Fahmy recognized through ‘Super Doc Program’
Holzer has initiated a program to recognize outstanding physicians within our health system. Patient feedback is gathered at each location regarding t...
Canady and Robbins join OVBC and OVB Boards
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Jeffrey E. Smith, chairman of the board, announced the election of Kimberly A. Canady and Edward J. Robbins to the Boards of ...
Attorney General reaches settlement in funeral home lawsuit
CHARLESTON — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey announced a funeral home and its owners will be forced to discontinue a significant...
RCBI teams with W.Va. Guard to expand economic opportunity
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. - The Robert C. Byrd Institute (RCBI) has joined forces with the West Virginia Army National Guard on a new initiative to expand adv...
Gallipolis Rotary Club news
Rotary District 6690 Foundation Fund Raising Chair Gary Vaughn was invited to Gallipolis to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Rotary Foundation.V...
Kiss the Son
Her eyes sparkled with light tears. She smiled softly. She said “Yes!” passionately. Then, right there in the restaurant, she came over an...
Transfiguration SundayMatthew 17:1-8
This Sunday is a special Sunday with a big word for the title: Transfiguration Sunday. Transfiguration means a complete change in form or appearance i...
There is no fear in love
I was recently working on a series of devotions and happened to be reading from 1 John 4:18, “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts o...
Bruce Lee Deal
EVANS, W.Va. — Bruce Lee Deal, 38, of Evans, W.Va., died Thursday, February 16, 2017.Service will be Friday, February 24, 2017 at 11 a.m. at the...
Fly your kite whatever age
Creating a simple life can be complicated. “Enjoy the simple pleasures,” is a common phrase encouraging us to cut out the excess, yet know...
Don’t throw out the baby…you know
It’s that time of the year again when the news is full of stories on local and state budgets for the new year, how they must be balanced before ...