Learning business first hand
Porter bringing new dealership to Pomeroy
Round-the-clock work reopens Main Street
‘Art as entertainment’
‘Tuckerman’s on Lincoln’ brought to life by businesswomen
- International flight under investigation after landing at OU airport - 5:27 pm
- Scioto represents at Southern Ohio Science Day - 5:01 pm
- The voices of River Valley: Growing choir to present ‘Beauty and the Beast’ - 4:48 pm
- Nursing students learn about hospice program - 4:24 pm updated: 4:39 pm.
- URG professors to host Welsh studies art exhibit - 3:15 pm
- 3 indicted for abuse of a corpse in connection with discovered remains - 1:39 pm updated: 4:00 pm.
- March Gallia Grand Jury indictments released - 11:21 am updated: 3:52 pm.
- Coalition invites community to fight against drug epidemic - 10:21 pm
- ‘Artists and Authors’ series begins - 7:58 pm updated: 8:07 pm.
- Preparing to present ‘The Little Mermaid’ - 7:55 pm
- Mid-Valley Christian Extravaganza set for April 8 - 7:48 pm
- Vinton man faces 9 counts of rape, 3 counts sexual imposition - 10:09 pm
- Gallia represents at Southern Ohio Science Day - 9:58 pm
- River Valley Beta Club returns with awards - 8:52 pm
- The last day for the ‘Big K’ - 7:28 pm
- Author to appear at Writers’ Guild meeting - 5:21 pm
- FAC to host ‘Roaring 20s’ event - 5:17 pm
- OVB receives Ohio Friend of 4-H award - 11:44 am
- Embracing online education for the benefit of students - 10:59 am
- Escapee back in police custody - 10:49 pm
- Learning business first hand - 5:08 pm
- Deputies investigate juvenile drowning - 2:39 pm updated: 6:31 pm.
- Deputies search for escapee - 10:54 pm updated: 11:00 pm.
- Children Services Director speaks out on new opioid treatment initiative - 9:46 pm
- URG in talks to potentially acquire Bob Evans Farm - 9:01 pm updated: 10:07 pm.
Preparing to present ‘The Little Mermaid’
CENTENARY — Students at Gallia Academy High School are gearing up for their fast approaching musical production of “The Little Mermaid....
Mid-Valley Christian Extravaganza set for April 8
MIDDLEPORT — Fund raiser season is in full swing at Mid-Valley Christian School as it prepares for the annual extravaganza.On April 8, the schoo...
Vinton man faces 9 counts of rape, 3 counts sexual imposition
GALLIPOLIS — A Vinton man pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Monday to nine first-degree felony charges of rape and three third-degree feloni...
Gallia represents at Southern Ohio Science Day
RIO GRANDE — Students from across Gallia, Lawrence, Pike, Scioto and Adams counties gathered in the Lyne Center of the University of Rio Grande ...
River Valley Beta Club returns with awards
COLUMBUS — River Valley students achieved success at the recent state level Beta Convention in Columbus.There were 79 students from Gallia Count...
The last day for the ‘Big K’
On Monday, any exterior sign of “Kmart” was wiped away as the “Big K” on the front of the store’s former home was remove...
Marauders fall to Waterford, 6-2
WATERFORD, Ohio — You can’t win them all.In a game shorten to six innings due to darkness, the Meigs baseball team suffered its first loss...
Lady Falcons hammer Waterford, 14-5
WATERFORD, Ohio — Making the most of extra chances.The Wahama softball team opened league play in grand fashion Monday night following a 14-5 vi...
Ironladies roll Meigs
JACKSON, Ohio — For the Lady Marauders, they fell victim to an Ironlady outburst.That’s because the host Jackson Ironladies, in scoring se...
Marauders blank Ironmen, 2-0
JACKSON, Ohio — The Meigs Marauders made it another important victory in the Apple City.That’s because the Marauders, by breaking a scorel...
Wildcats outlast Wahama, 7-6
WATERFORD, Ohio — The road to a four-peat now has some potholes.The Wahama baseball team opened league play in heartbreaking fashion Monday nigh...
Gallia Local to hold kindergarten registration
GALLIPOLIS — Kindergarten registration for the 2017-18 academic year in the Gallia County Local School District will be held at the Gallia Count...
FFA places in speaking contest
On Feb. 9, four members of the Gallipolis FFA Chapter participated in the District Ten Public Speaking contest. Pictured above, left to right, is Clay...
Camden, Boothe promoted at OVB
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio — Ohio Valley Banc Corp. [NASDAQ: OVBC] Chairman Jeffrey E. Smith recently announced the promotions of Shelly N. Boothe and Ter...
Cadot-Blessing Camp inducts new members
The local Cadot-Blessing Camp #126 of the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War recently inducted its latest members, Mr. James Dale Walker and his ...
Commissioners support Ag Week
The Gallia County Farm Bureau recently meet with the Gallia County Commissioners and presented them each with a basket of locally grown/made items and...
Getting, and staying, on the path
Some time ago, in a personal time of devotion, I was reflecting on the will of God and where it falls in my plans and priorities. I wrote, “The ...
Mud pies; John 9:1-14
Have you ever made mud pies? I used to make them when I was a child. It’s a little messy, but fun to do. You just mix dirt and water until it is...
God has left us a witness
“Russel’s Teapot” is an argument advanced by the atheist, Bertrand Russell (1872–1970), which states that the burden of proof ...
Leave that duck alone!
I have stated previously about growing up in Wardensville, West Virginia, in Hardy County. We lived in a house right on Trout Run. This particular str...
Love reigns in Ireland
My trip to Ireland began with love and ended with a lovely, bittersweet goodbye. It was my honeymoon, after all, and I was swooning before the plane e...
35th annual art show approaching
Even though somedays with the fluctuating weather, we aren’t sure if Spring is on the way, it’s here according to the calendar and so are ...