National Day of Prayer to return
‘Electric Run’ zapping back to action
Remembering the Odd legacy
Heroin seized, 3 arrested
Railroad museum digging in the past for the future
- Commissioners hold second CHIP hearing - 5:44 pm
- City demolishes former carryout structure - 5:42 pm
- ‘Drug Take Back Day’ this Saturday - 5:05 pm updated: 5:05 pm.
- ‘First Friday’ to begin in Gallipolis - 4:32 pm
- April is ‘Alcohol Awareness Month’ - 6:19 pm
- Travel Gallia in passport challenge - 9:39 pm
- GIB to hold planting day - 9:35 pm
- Benefits of ‘digital academy’ - 7:36 pm
- Area jobless rates decline - 5:55 pm
- Elks donate flag to Gallipolis - 5:47 pm
- Dogs of the Week - 5:46 pm
- Preparing the pool for summer - 9:25 pm
- Possible ‘bad batch’ of heroin, sends EMS scrambling - 8:53 pm updated: 9:21 pm.
- Superintendent addresses gun at school rumor - 7:12 pm
- Patriot man arrested for rape, kidnapping, domestic violence - 1:03 am updated: 2:56 am.
- Indictments handed down by Gallia grand jury - 5:34 pm
- Dodgeball tourney to knock out substance abuse - 9:30 pm
- FAC to feature art from Gallia Local students - 8:34 pm
- Local family travels to White House for Egg Roll - 8:23 pm
- Man on bike injured - 6:24 pm
- Vocational School Board holds meeting - 9:52 pm
- Community action looks to future with proposed cuts - 9:35 pm
- ‘King Kat’ fishing tournament to return - 10:09 pm
- Dayton drug runner sentenced to 12.5 years in prison - 9:05 pm updated: 9:14 pm.
- Tiptoe through the tulips - 8:43 pm
Elks donate flag to Gallipolis
Elks Lodge 107 recently donated a new flag to Gallipolis to fly above Mound Hill to commemorate the United States and those who stood in its defense. ...
Preparing the pool for summer
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis City Pool staff is preparing for the upcoming summer season, including fund raising efforts for improvements at the ...
Possible ‘bad batch’ of heroin, sends EMS scrambling
POINT PLEASANT — This past Friday night, people in Mason County were bracing for what felt like a possible overdose epidemic within a matter of ...
Superintendent addresses gun at school rumor
GALLIPOLIS —A rumor that a real gun was recently brought into Washington Elementary was just that, a rumor and false, according to Gallipolis Ci...
Patriot man arrested for rape, kidnapping, domestic violence
PATRIOT — A Patriot man was arrested Thursday after being indicted in the Galllia Court of Common Pleas on the alleged crimes of a first-degree ...
Federal Hocking rolls Lady Rebels
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — A long day in the high heat.Unfortunately for the South Gallia High School softball squad on Wednesday, that was exactly the...
Blue Devils edge Panthers in 8 innings
CHESAPEAKE, Ohio — You can never make it to the top unless you work some overtime.For the Gallia Academy High School baseball team, following We...
Rebels edge Lancers for 1st win
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — The Rebels are undefeated on their new field.That’s because the South Gallia High School baseball team, playing its in...
White Falcons roll Miller, 24-6
MASON, W.Va. — The White Falcons simply took advantage of what was given to them.The Wahama baseball team had half as many hits as it did runs o...
Lady Eagles outscore Southern, 23-19
TUPPERS PLAINS, Ohio — So much for a pitchers’ duel.The Eastern and Southern softball teams combined for 35 hits, including eight home run...
Bing’s Auto Care Center opens in Pomeroy
Bing’s Auto Care Center recently opened its doors in Pomeroy. A ribbon cutting and open house took place at the business located at 808 West Mai...
Call named PVH Employee of the Month
Pleasant Valley Hospital (PVH) announces the Customer Service Employee of the Month for March is Jodi Call.Call is a case manager who works in the Cas...
‘Fight Hunger. Spark Change.’
GALLIA COUNTY — This week, Walmart launched its “Fight Hunger. Spark Change.” campaign, a nationwide initiative calling on the publi...
Pair receive VVA’s highest honor
At the monthly meeting of the TriState Chapter #949, Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) on March 28, Ron Wroblewski, president and Joe Wilson, second v...
Gallia-Vinton ESC Board members recognized
Two Gallia-Vinton ESC Governing Board members were recently recognized by the Ohio School Boards Association (OSBA) for 10 years of service. Jerilyn H...
You are loved
I can say for certain today, “I am loved.”I hope you feel the same. Maybe you don’t. But nonetheless, you are loved. The Bible says ...
Light at the end of the tunnel
One day several years ago, my family and I spent an afternoon at a park that had, along with its wooded walking trails and sandy softball fields, a co...
Earth dances like nobody’s looking, but I am
I never could do a jig to the choreographed exercises like Zumba, but I can tap dance across a meadow, feeling as coordinated as a bird prancing on a ...
Biblical family tree
“I have heard preachers say that Jesus and John the Baptist were cousins. If so, how could Jesus be from the tribe of Judah, if John was from th...
Where are the teachers of rules?
Our second son, Keithen, and daughter-in-law, Jessica, post a lot of pictures and photos of their family on Facebook. This week they posted a video ab...
That Doubting Thomas
Have you ever been told something, and you just couldn’t believe it was true? Maybe one of your friends won a huge prize in a contest or somethi...