Chemical leak, fire results in shelter in place
Clinton (Co.) set to welcome Trump
Shelter in place lifted
The Mothman crowd: Preparing for record number of visitors to this year’s festival
Nothing ‘fowl’ about this offer
- Preparing to pay ‘Tribute’ - 6:52 pm
- Clinton (Co.) set to welcome Trump - 5:12 pm
- Study: Ohio’s abortion pill law led to worse health outcomes - 4:42 pm
- URG professor joins national research team - 4:23 pm
- Senator lauds Imperial Electric expansion - 9:34 pm
- Vinton man pinched for carrying drugs into jail - 7:35 pm
- YLA breaks ground at Cave lake - 7:29 pm
- Novelist to appear at Marshall Sept. 9 - 4:58 pm
- Smith condemns GDC layoffs - 11:07 pm updated: 5:29 pm.
- URG invites Appalachian College speaker - 5:20 pm
- Meigs, Gallia jobless rates reported - 5:17 pm
- Outreach Center seeks community support - 4:01 pm
- Patriot man to serve 18 months in prison - 3:42 pm
- 32 FT jobs eliminated at Gallipolis Developmental Center - 12:35 pm updated: 12:23 pm.
- City man sentenced to 2 years for evidence tampering - 6:33 pm
- Bevens announces run for state school board - 4:53 pm
- Ohio U. professor wins cardiovascular research award - 1:43 pm
- DeWine warns of storm-chaser scams - 1:25 pm
- Drugs, weapon seized in Langsville - 9:11 pm
- Police investigate possible meth site in park - 9:00 pm
- Democrats open Gallia headquarters - 8:57 pm
- State releases funds to help mentally ill - 5:16 pm
- Ohio U. receives $2M ‘POWER’ grant - 5:16 pm
- Dogs of the Week - 5:15 pm
- New psychologist joins Valley Health - 3:29 pm
- Ohlinger earns PVH Employee of the Month - 3:29 pm
- Emancipation donation - 3:28 pm
- Gallia man charged in Lawrence bank robberies - 3:26 pm
- Crime watch meets candidate, new K-9 unit - 5:01 pm
- Law enforcement candidates address Gallia - 4:58 pm
- Child dies in fire outside Point Pleasant - 4:14 pm
- Marshall rolls out active shooter training - 3:07 pm
- Owens announces run for state school board - 1:58 pm
- Gallia candidates talk politics - 10:23 pm updated: 10:23 pm.
- Child dies in fire outside Point Pleasant - 8:06 pm
- Area veterans discuss issues with congressmen - 5:37 pm
- Stewart sentenced to 9 months in prison - 5:33 pm
- Workers break ground on waterfront project - 5:30 pm
- OSHP to hold OVI checkpoint - 5:28 pm
- New scholarship endowed at Marshall - 1:50 am
- Hurt to return to Ohio - 6:42 pm
- Naked Gallia woman attempts to escape deputy custody - 4:14 pm updated: 4:18 pm.
- Town hall meeting for Ohio, W.Va. veterans - 3:51 pm updated: 5:07 pm.
- DeWine offers charitable giving tips following Louisiana flooding - 2:47 pm
- Rio to replace road signs with Welsh dragon signs - 7:48 pm
- Inaugural Mothman GeoTrail event - 7:35 pm
- Emancipation Celebration donation - 3:02 pm
- Ohio alumna leads Manasseh Cutler Scholars program - 2:56 pm
- Delores N. Simmons - 2:42 pm
- Point cleaning flood wall murals - 11:44 am
URG invites Appalachian College speaker
RIO GRANDE — The fall 2016 semester at the University of Rio Grande and Rio Grande Community College kicked off last week with the start of clas...
Meigs, Gallia jobless rates reported
OHIO VALLEY — Meigs County is currently ranked second in the state when it comes to unemployment rates, according to the latest numbers released...
Outreach Center seeks community support
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis Outreach Center is asking the public for support in the form of either donations in the form of furniture or applian...
Patriot man to serve 18 months in prison
GALLIPOLIS — Jessie Collins, 66, of Patriot, recently pleaded guilty in Gallia County Court of Common Pleas to trafficking oxycodone.Collins was...
32 FT jobs eliminated at Gallipolis Developmental Center
GALLIPOLIS — Officials with the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities said Friday they are eliminating 32 full-time positions from the G...
City man sentenced to 2 years for evidence tampering
GALLIPOLIS — Anthony Wroblewski, 20 of Gallipolis, pleaded guilty Tuesday to tampering with evidence and was sentenced to two years in a state p...
Bulldogs top Blue Devils, 6-2
CENTENARY, Ohio — This time, the Blue Devils couldn’t stage a comeback bid against a former Southeastern Ohio Athletic League foe.ThatR...
Defenders win in 4 over Covenant
HUNTINGTON, W. Va. — It might have been a slow start on Monday night, but for the Ohio Valley Christian School volleyball team — it was th...
Meigs golf wins another TVC Ohio match
JACKSON, Ohio — More of the same from the Marauders.The Meigs golf team clinched its third consecutive league victory during the third Tri-Valle...
Vikings rally past Rebels in 5 sets
MERCERVILLE, Ohio — South Gallia did dig deep to rally from a late third-set deficit to take a two-games-to-one lead.However, the visiting Symme...
Southern sweeps Raiders
RACINE, Ohio — It’s always important to head into league play with momentum.The Southern volleyball made the most of its final non-confere...
Gallia retited teachers receive volunteer awards
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallia County Retired Teachers met Aug. 11 at Bossard Memorial Library in Gallipolis.The meeting was called to order by Preside...
St. Louis Church hosts 22nd spaghetti dinner
GALLIPOLIS — Italy once again comes to St. Louis Church between 4-8 p.m. Saturday, featuring a spaghetti dinner with homemade sauce, meatballs, ...
New Lions members
The Gallipolis Lions Club inducted three new members at its weekly meeting. Megan and Tommy Saunders were pinned by Lion Jeri Howell. Also present was...
Little Mister and Miss receive cash award
Pictured, from left, are 2016 Little Miss Gallia County Ryleigh Shafer, Loan Central employee Jasmine McClanahan and 2016 Little Mister Gallia County ...
Elks award $1,000 scholarships
GALLIPOLIS — The Past Exalted Ruler’s Association of Gallipolis Elks Lodge 107 has selected the following high school graduates for a $1,0...
Value of journalism to the internet
For most folks, the demise of the blogging website Gawker meant only Terry Gene Bollea won his lawsuit and millions of dollars in a judgement.Hulk Hog...
Don’t lose sight of progress
Friday’s announcement of jobs cuts at Gallipolis Development Center was bad news. There’s no other way to describe it.It is sometimes easy...
Benefits of acknowledging the sin nature
Twelve years without sugar. That has been the response of a very dear friend of mine to a meeting he had with his doctor 12 years ago. As the doctor s...
Flood victim extends thanks to Gallia residents
Dear Editor:My son, Cole, is a 4-year-old preschool student at Clay Elementary School in Clay, W.Va. Although he wasn’t tragically affected by t...
Are you waiting expectantly on God?
My children, when they were little, often demonstrated a mastery of articulating what I have found myself thinking or feeling when words would fail me...