ElectroCraft to add 30 new Gallia jobs
Sprague talks heroin at Gallia GOP rally
Dismemberment case suspect posts bond
Bossard library reveals ‘Bodies’
BREAKING NEWS: Meyer out as Holzer CEO
- Gabe’s Run supports brain cancer research - 6:33 pm
- Vance sentenced to 6 months in jail - 9:26 pm updated: 9:29 pm.
- Thomas family does it better for 30 years - 7:22 pm
- Habitat for Humanity to build house in Meigs County - 6:28 pm
- DeWine reminds Ohioans of Child Credit Freeze law - 5:39 pm
- Willis attends embalmer trainng in Mo. - 5:08 pm
- Rio Grande professor’s art on display - 5:49 pm
- Gallia man charged with homicide, evasion - 12:52 pm updated: 4:26 pm.
- Farm City Day promotes farming processes - 9:20 pm
- Gallia men charged with 30 counts of felony juvenile sexual assault - 7:10 pm updated: 8:06 pm.
- Man in custody after reportedly shooting wife - 8:50 pm updated: 8:49 pm.
- Former WVa governor attends local roundtable - 6:16 pm
- Vance pleads guilty to criminal simulation - 3:52 pm
- Police seize drugs on 2nd Avenue - 2:51 pm
- ODOT: Keep political signs off highway right-of-way - 2:38 pm
- President Gilbert invested at Marshall - 10:34 am
- UWGC kicks off fundraising campaign - 3:51 pm
- GDC supporters rally against layoffs - 10:51 pm
- Smith seeks to keep commission seat - 10:15 pm
- City discusses police levy with public - 9:19 pm
- Danner runs for county commissioner - 9:06 pm
- Peoples Bank raises $54K for food banks - 1:40 pm
- Tri-state area McDonald’s offers teacher appreciation programs - 12:04 pm
- Federal Reserve Bank president to speak at MU - 12:04 pm
- Reenactment concludes with Battle of Buffington Island - 5:14 pm
- Huckleby sentenced to 56 months in prison - 5:13 pm
- City holds police levy informational meeting - 7:25 pm updated: 9:43 pm.
- McDavis addresses Emancipation Celebration - 7:14 pm
- Gallipolis police arrest four in drug bust - 5:25 pm updated: 5:25 pm.
- Prosecutor candidate addresses crime watch - 5:22 pm
- US Fleet Forces Ensemble to perform at Marshall - 1:48 pm
- Riverby Theatre Guild calls for auditions - 1:41 pm
- Elected leaders ‘cautiously optimistic’ about Gavin sale - 7:06 pm updated: 7:06 pm.
- Emancipation Celebration events span weekend - 8:18 pm
- RVHS students lecture elementary students in government - 6:21 pm
- County, city present Emancipation Day proclamations - 6:19 pm
- Eagle investigates excavation - 6:18 pm
- Gallia man sentenced to 2 years in prison - 5:39 pm
- URG hosts Ohio Night Stalkers event - 5:36 pm
- Gallia to confer with Ohio leaders - 10:15 pm
- The business of feeding a community - 9:23 pm updated: 10:24 pm.
- AEP sells Gavin Plant in Cheshire - 8:59 pm
- Naval component added to ‘Raid’ events - 8:54 pm
- Powell man convicted for assault on medic - 7:54 pm
- A festival staple: Serving up the history and mystery of the Mothman Festival - 6:31 pm
- Ohio U, FAA pen $7.5M deal for avionics research - 5:46 pm
- Gallipolis Tractor Supply celebrates Pet Appreciation Week - 3:27 pm
- Police investigate Jackson Pike shooting - 8:31 pm
- ‘Happy trails’ to return Saturday: 21st annual St. Jude Saddle Up Trail Ride to welcome hundreds - 8:26 pm updated: 8:50 pm.
- RVHS remembers 9/11 victims - 6:20 pm
Gallia men charged with 30 counts of felony juvenile sexual assault
RIO GRANDE — Three Gallia County men have been indicted on a combined 30 felony charges of sexual assault on two juvenile girls.Ohio Attorney Ge...
Man in custody after reportedly shooting wife
PORTER — Police took a Gallia County man into custody Sunday evening after he reportedly shot his wife during a domestic altercation in the Port...
Former WVa governor attends local roundtable
POINT PLEASANT, W.Va. — One of West Virginia’s former governors returned to Mason County this week, not to ask for votes but to talk educa...
Vance pleads guilty to criminal simulation
GALLIPOLIS — A Gallia County woman pleaded guilty to a criminal simulation charge Thursday in the Gallipolis Municpal Court involving allegation...
Police seize drugs on 2nd Avenue
GALLIPOLIS — The Gallipolis police and agents with the Gallia-Meigs Major Crimes Task force arrested a Gallia County man after seizing several i...
ODOT: Keep political signs off highway right-of-way
MARIETTA — During the campaign season, many public and private entities like to show their political support by putting up candidate signs.But t...
GA, RV host Homecoming games
Fairland Dragons (0-5, 0-2) at Gallia Academy Blue Devils (0-5, 0-2)Last Week: Fairland lost to Rock Hill 48-6, in Pedro; Gallia Academy lost to Ports...
Point hosts Patriots on Homecoming
Parkersburg South Patriots (2-3) at Point Pleasant Big Blacks (5-0)Last Week: Parkersburg South defeated John Marshall 44-12, in Glen Dale; Point Plea...
‘Does face Fed Hock on Homecoming
Federal Hocking Lancers (0-5, 0-4) at Southern Tornadoes (5-0, 3-0)Last Week: Federal Hocking lost to Wahama 20-0, in Stewart; Southern defeated Belpr...
Raiders win Meigs Invitational
ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — The River Valley boys and Vinton County girls came away with top honors Wednesday night during the running of the 2016 Meigs...
Tornadoes advance to district golf meet
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — Before the rain swept across Chillicothe on Wednesday, the Tornadoes took their turn first.That’s because the Southern...
Smeltzer attends IRS seminar
GALLIPOLIS — William Oran Smeltzer, of W. Oran Smeltzer Income Tax and Accounting, of Gallipolis, recently attended the Internal Revenue Service...
AAA7 sponsors Medicare presentation Sept. 15
GALLIPOLIS — Are you a Medicare beneficiary? Want to learn more about Medicare and how the Medicare Annual Coordinated Election Period can work ...
Wright re-elected to state retiree board
GALLIPOLIS — Floyd Wright, president of AFSCME Retiree Subchapter 102 of Gallia and Jackson counties, was re-elected to a third term last month ...
Awards presented at AAA7 appreciation brunch
PORTSMOUTH — Giving thanks. That was common place at this year’s Area Agency on Aging District 7 annual Appreciation Brunch at the Souther...
‘WoodmenLife’ assists Boy Scouts
WoodmenLife Representative Brandon Sweeney is pictured with Chapter President Jim Workman and Vice President Roxanne Workman as they present an Americ...
Prepare wisely to meet God
It is an awesome prospect about meeting God. But, people tend to not give it much serious consideration until life, limb or well-being is threatened.W...
Job creation is happening all around us
Last month, we wrote that although it’s easy to see all of the things that are not going well in our communities, we sometimes fail to see the m...
Police and skunks deserve admiration
Editor’s Note: Listen to the podcast of this column.You reach into a bag of apples often enough and you eventually will pull out a rotting one. ...
Respect for men, women in blue
Emotion and writing is such a volatile mixture.Succumb fully to emotion and writing becomes ranting; squelch all emotion and writing becomes a barren ...
With God, things are always as they seem
Currents of popular opinion sweep about us like whitewater waves swirling down the narrow ravine of everyday living.They threaten to sweep us off our ...
Are we building up or tearing down?
One of the values of the wonderful book of Proverbs is that the inspired wisdom within often hits quite close to home. We do well to reflect upon the ...