Bossard library reveals ‘Bodies’
BREAKING NEWS: Meyer out as Holzer CEO
Bodies Revealed opens at Bossard Library
Retired K-9 deputy Jeck passes away
Reenactment concludes with Battle of Buffington Island
- Farm City Day promotes farming processes - 9:20 pm
- Gallia men charged with 30 counts of felony juvenile sexual assault - 7:10 pm updated: 8:06 pm.
- Man in custody after reportedly shooting wife - 8:50 pm updated: 8:49 pm.
- Former WVa governor attends local roundtable - 6:16 pm
- Vance pleads guilty to criminal simulation - 3:52 pm
- Police seize drugs on 2nd Avenue - 2:51 pm
- ODOT: Keep political signs off highway right-of-way - 2:38 pm
- President Gilbert invested at Marshall - 10:34 am
- UWGC kicks off fundraising campaign - 3:51 pm
- GDC supporters rally against layoffs - 10:51 pm
- Smith seeks to keep commission seat - 10:15 pm
- City discusses police levy with public - 9:19 pm
- Danner runs for county commissioner - 9:06 pm
- Peoples Bank raises $54K for food banks - 1:40 pm
- Tri-state area McDonald’s offers teacher appreciation programs - 12:04 pm
- Federal Reserve Bank president to speak at MU - 12:04 pm
- Reenactment concludes with Battle of Buffington Island - 5:14 pm
- Huckleby sentenced to 56 months in prison - 5:13 pm
- City holds police levy informational meeting - 7:25 pm updated: 9:43 pm.
- McDavis addresses Emancipation Celebration - 7:14 pm
- Gallipolis police arrest four in drug bust - 5:25 pm updated: 5:25 pm.
- Prosecutor candidate addresses crime watch - 5:22 pm
- US Fleet Forces Ensemble to perform at Marshall - 1:48 pm
- Riverby Theatre Guild calls for auditions - 1:41 pm
- Elected leaders ‘cautiously optimistic’ about Gavin sale - 7:06 pm updated: 7:06 pm.
- Emancipation Celebration events span weekend - 8:18 pm
- RVHS students lecture elementary students in government - 6:21 pm
- County, city present Emancipation Day proclamations - 6:19 pm
- Eagle investigates excavation - 6:18 pm
- Gallia man sentenced to 2 years in prison - 5:39 pm
- URG hosts Ohio Night Stalkers event - 5:36 pm
- Gallia to confer with Ohio leaders - 10:15 pm
- The business of feeding a community - 9:23 pm updated: 10:24 pm.
- AEP sells Gavin Plant in Cheshire - 8:59 pm
- Naval component added to ‘Raid’ events - 8:54 pm
- Powell man convicted for assault on medic - 7:54 pm
- A festival staple: Serving up the history and mystery of the Mothman Festival - 6:31 pm
- Ohio U, FAA pen $7.5M deal for avionics research - 5:46 pm
- Gallipolis Tractor Supply celebrates Pet Appreciation Week - 3:27 pm
- Police investigate Jackson Pike shooting - 8:31 pm
- ‘Happy trails’ to return Saturday: 21st annual St. Jude Saddle Up Trail Ride to welcome hundreds - 8:26 pm updated: 8:50 pm.
- RVHS remembers 9/11 victims - 6:20 pm
- AARP offers safe driving class in Gallia - 2:58 pm
- Probation violations result in prison - 5:56 pm
- Smoky, sweet and savory - 5:26 pm
- Fall festivals are around the ‘Bend’ - 4:54 pm
- News from around the Buckeye State - 3:23 pm
- Marshall plans Mental Health Matters forum - 3:25 pm
- Burgess, Schelhase to visit Marshall - 1:58 pm
- Former governor Wise to speak in Point - 11:04 am
GDC supporters rally against layoffs
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis Developmental Center client families, workers, local government officials and supporters gathered Thursday in Gallipolis...
Smith seeks to keep commission seat
GALLIPOLIS — Republican incumbent candidate and current Gallia County Board of Commissioners Vice-President David Smith says guarding the county...
City discusses police levy with public
GALLIPOLIS — Gallipolis city officials and Gallipolis Police Chief Jeff Boyer said that should the public safety levy pass in November, they wou...
Danner runs for county commissioner
GALLIPOLIS — Independent candidate Mark Danner said he believes a county commissioner’s ultimate job is being able to facilitate the needs...
Peoples Bank raises $54K for food banks
MARIETTA, Ohio — Peoples Bank customers, vendors and employees recently raised $54,730 for local food banks in Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky....
Tri-state area McDonald’s offers teacher appreciation programs
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Local McDonald’s restaurants are partnering with schools in the community.McDonald’s of the tri-state will be ac...
Lady Rockets sweep River Valley
BIDWELL, Ohio — The Lady Raiders are certainly glad that week is over.The River Valley volleyball team suffered its third straight-games loss in...
Meigs takes 5th at ZT Invite
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio — The Meigs High School golf team was one of 13 clubs competing in Saturday’s Zane Trace Invitational tournament —...
Blue Devils blank Defenders, 9-0
GALLIPOLIS, Ohio —Truth be told, this wasn’t unexpected.The Gallia Academy High School soccer squad completed the season sweep of the Ohio...
RedStorm rallies to edge Lindsey Wilson
COLUMBIA, Ky. — Jorge Guinovart’s goal with 3:00 left to play snapped a second half tie and lifted the University of Rio Grande to a 2-1 w...
Blue Devils win 2nd straight OVC title
PORTSMOUTH, Ohio — Simply put, the Blue Devils are two-for-two in the Ohio Valley Conference.That’s because the Gallia Academy High School...
Gallia issues 9/11 proclamation
The Gallia County Board of Commissioners adopted a proclamation Thursday in remembrance of 9/11. Pictured, from left, are Gallipolis Police Officer. C...
AAA7 sponsors Medicare presentation Sept. 15
GALLIPOLIS — Are you a Medicare beneficiary? Want to learn more about Medicare and how the Medicare Annual Coordinated Election Period can work ...
Awards presented at AAA7 appreciation brunch
PORTSMOUTH — Giving thanks. That was common place at this year’s Area Agency on Aging District 7 annual Appreciation Brunch at the Souther...
‘WoodmenLife’ assists Boy Scouts
WoodmenLife Representative Brandon Sweeney is pictured with Chapter President Jim Workman and Vice President Roxanne Workman as they present an Americ...
Pig roast and auction
Prosecuting Attorney Jeff Adkins recently conducted a pig roast and auction at the Elks farm. In the photo, he’s delivering a basket of goodies ...
Are we building up or tearing down?
One of the values of the wonderful book of Proverbs is that the inspired wisdom within often hits quite close to home. We do well to reflect upon the ...
Don’t place trust in wrongful things
Have you ever wished you could trade places with someone? If you could trade places with anyone you want, who would you choose?Maybe a movie star or f...
Grass growth is as sneaky as sin
Even though it has not rained much lately, I still have to often mow the grass in my yard. I mowed grass last Saturday, and this following Tuesday had...
Protecting students, taxpayers from charter school fraud
Last week, the U.S. Department of Education answered my call to strengthen oversight of Ohio’s charter schools and ensure that our tax dollars a...
How to smoke out negative vibes
Editor’s Note: Listen to the podcast of this column.Sitting around a campfire, you may hear someone say, “Smoke follows beauty.”It m...
Faulty meme logic is dangerous
My phone chirped letting me know someone had sent me a text. As is usually the case it was one of my amazing church members.The text read, “Hey ...